Friday, March 8, 2013

What do you like?

I don't get it, y'know, when someone says they like something and then someone else just has to laugh at them for it. Why does it matter, how is it effecting your life in any way? Would you appreciate being laughed at for something you liked?

When I was in about the 7th grade, I had this binder that had ash and pikachu on it. I never said I liked pokemon, I just had the binder cause I needed it, y'know? So, I show up to class and everyone just starts laughing at me for just having the stupid fucking thing, like, grow up, ok? It's a binder. Carrying a binder with a specific show on the front of it in no way indicates that you like that show. And to be honest, yeah I like pokemon. I grew up with it and I'm not just going to start hating it just because I'm older. Fuck that shit.

My ex is specific with the music he listens to and I don't exactly share his entire taste in music, and he would act like some songs I really liked were shit and I don't know if he was kidding or not but it still bothered me and I wanted him to accept me and shit so I actually started NOT listening to my favorite song just 'cause he didn't like it. That's fucking ridiculous, right? Like, I don't get it, why do some people think they're superior to someone else because of what they listen to? Its JUST music, and everyone's going to have different taste. If you don't like what they listen to, fine, but don't treat them like shit for what they like, or put down their taste in music just because you don't have the same taste. I mean, some people like to act like what they specifically listen to is THE definition of REAL music. Who the fuck do you think you are, that you think you can honestly define what real music is?

Like, there's 12-14 year olds on gaia who act like if you're over 18 you shouldn't be allowed to use the site. Excuse me? I like gaia, I want to use gaia, I'm not violating any rules, or doing anything wrong, so back off. Why should my age hinder my capability of liking things? Being a certain age doesn't mean you should only like certain things.

Honestly, if what you like isn't hurting anyone in anyway, then go ahead and like it. Don't act like a know-it-all, or like you're superior because of your taste in stuff, or that you in any way have the right to treat someone like shit for what they enjoy.

my body isn’t your business (sex, clothing, piercings, tattoos, hair, etc) so don't try telling me what to do with it. (◕‿◕✿) 
my future does not concern you, so stop PRESSURING me to figure out what I want to do with my life. (◕‿◕✿) 
and i don’t have to justify my decisions to you (◕‿◕✿) 




 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Stop trying to make people feel bad for liking things they like
       ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(✿◕‿◕)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

No comments:

Post a Comment